Terms and conditions
International Student Exchange Online (ISEO) is a secure, internet based computer system managed by the Australian Government for the purpose of project submission and project management of a suite of international student mobility programmes and the National Industry PhD Program.
Institutions must have a nominated ILO or GRLO, who is the only person who can submit project applications in ISEO.
The following definitions apply to these Conditions of Use:
Authorisation and updated information
- AGRLO: Alternative Graduate Research Liaison Officer; alternative point of contact at the Institution. AGRLOs can edit applications and submit variations for the National Industry PhD Program.
- AILO: Alternative International Liaison Officer; alternative point of contact at the Institution. AILOs can edit applications and submit variations for the New Colombo Plan (NCP) Mobility Program.
- GRLO: Graduate Research Liaison Officer; the Government’s point of contact at the Institution who can submit applications and accept offers of funding for the National Industry PhD Program.
- ILO: International Liaison Officer; the Government’s point of contact at the Institution who can submit applications and accept offers of funding for the New Colombo Plan (NCP) Mobility Program.
- Party: The Government and/or the Institution
- Personal Information: Has the meaning given under applicable Australian privacy legislation
- Institution: An Australian higher education provider.
The ILO or GRLO is authorised by their Institution to register and apply for funding. The Institution warrants that all information given when registering and applying for funding using ISEO is accurate and undertakes to update that information as appropriate.
False or misleading statements
Giving false or misleading information to the Commonwealth is a serious offence under the Criminal Code Act 1995
(Cth). Applications may be disregarded, offers revoked or a project terminated if the Government believes that false or misleading information has formed part of an application.
The Institution must comply with all applicable Australian law relating to the use and protection of Personal Information, including, without limitation, any privacy legislation.
ILOs AILOs, GRLOs and AGRLOs must take all reasonable steps to protect the security of their unique logon IDs and passwords, including by not keeping a written record of, or sharing, their logon ID and password. If at any time the Institution becomes aware that the security of a logon ID or password is compromised, it must immediately notify the Government.
The Institution acknowledges that if it fails to comply with these Conditions of Use, the Government may refuse to provide funding for a project application.
The Institution’s registration and application for funding using ISEO is governed by the laws applicable in the Australian Capital Territory and each Party submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the court of that Territory.