Terms and conditions
International Student Exchange Online (ISEO) is a secure, internet based computer system managed by the Department of Education and Training (the Department) for the purpose of project submission and project management of a suite of international student mobility programmes.
Providers must have a nominated ILO, who is the only person who can submit project applications in ISEO.
The following definitions apply to these Conditions of Use:
- AILO: Alternative International Liaison Officer; alternative point of contact at the Provider. AILOs can edit applications and submit variations
- ILO: International Liaison Officer; the Department’s point of contact at the Provider who can submit applications and accept offers of funding
- Party: The Department and/or the Provider
- Personal Information: Has the meaning given under applicable Australian privacy legislation
- Provider: An Australian higher education provider or a public or private registered training organisation.
Authorisation and updated information
The ILO is authorised by their Provider to register and apply for funding. The Provider warrants that all information given when registering and applying for funding using ISEO is accurate and undertakes to update that information as appropriate.
False or misleading statements
Giving false or misleading information to the Commonwealth is a serious offence under the Criminal Code Act 1995 (Cth). Applications may be disregarded, offers revoked or a project terminated if the Department believes that false or misleading information has formed part of an application.
The Provider must comply with all applicable Australian law relating to the use and protection of Personal Information, including, without limitation, any privacy legislation.
ILOs and AILOs must take all reasonable steps to protect the security of their unique logon IDs and passwords, including by not keeping a written record of, or sharing, their logon ID and password. If at any time the Provider becomes aware that the security of a logon ID or password is compromised, it must immediately notify the Department.
The Provider acknowledges that if it fails to comply with these Conditions of Use, the Department may refuse to provide funding for a project application.
The Provider’s registration and application for funding using ISEO is governed by the laws applicable in the Australian Capital Territory and each Party submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the court of that Territory.